The next update from Suunto, released January 25, 2017, bringing the long-awaited GPS fix and adding GLONASS support (and taking care of some bugs).
Now, as you may have seen from my earlier updates on this sports watch, I have been getting pretty good results from it already. This only continued now that I’ve been starting to have a look at this firmware.
Between this and updates that are coming next…
- Interval training support
- Sport Mode Customization 2
- Points of Interest in navigation
- Transfer training plans to Suunto Spartan and follow your progress
- Graphs for heart rate, speed and altitude
… I find that the Spartan is starting to look good.
That only means that the race is now really on, with the Garmin fenix5 announced, Casio’s Outdoors Smartwatch adding GPS, etc. …
Next weekend sees the start of the ISPO Sports Trade Fair, and I’ll be paying that a visit again, and I’ll meet up with a few representatives of that competition.
Leave a Reply